Sunday, October 12, 2008

I'm back....I hope...

Well, that was quite a break.
I have been piddling around with working out since my knee surgery back in August. I have a significant bit of scope work done:: 4 meniscus tears and a large condyle tear (femur cartilage).

I have been mountain biking (MTB) quite a bit since late August, but not much else...my MTB rides do consume mega calories though, usually 1000-2000. I do a few pull ups here, push ups there, spinning, keeping up with my boys. Heather (wifey) finally got a bike and we have a trail-a-bike for for Gavin/my bike and a trailer for Gavin/Heather's bike. We try to ride as a family a couple of times a week.

Anyway, today is the first workout I care to post. I did a similar workout without tracking or timing it last week.

3 Rounds
5 jerks with 90lbs
10 tire flips (not sure what it weighs, it's huge and heavy)
10 sledgehammers each side
10 12lb wall balls (squat to a high throw 10' on wall)

8m 58sec

I'll workout up to 5 or more rounds as my fitness improves.

Then I did 100 sledgehammers each side 9 min 1 sec

Only 311 calories burned, but I did hike a couple of miles with my boys and dog before this workout. Doing overhead work (presses and jerks) I can really feel the weakness is still plaguing my left side.

I am going to do several workouts around the tire, I really enjoy them. I'll incorporate some heavy bag work, jump rope, dips, chins, push ups and more.

I am going to try to get some Kevin or maybe Jacob over, for some 2-man drills I have in mind with the tire, med ball, rope, heavy bag for starters - med ball throws, flip tire back and fourth, tug-o-war, bag work...sounds gay, but it will be a great workout.

2 comments:

MMAdrian said...

Hey man. I'm a buddy of Jacob's. Let me know if you have room for an extra some weekend.

Adrian

HunRugger said...

Sure thing...I am just getting back into the swing of things, but it would be cool to do some 'team workouts'.

Eric