Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Monday WOD

Monday evening around 9pm I did the WOD I call the Shoulder Trifecta...
  • Press (strict, no bend, bouncing, jumping) 1-1-1-1-1-1
  • Push Press (you can bend but no jumping) 3-3-3-3-3
  • Jerk (you can jump, split jerks are ok too) 5-5-5-5-5

I had a shitty workout, starting with a shitty warm up...my shoulders and chest are toast for some reason, even the push ups during the warm up were hell. Surprisingly my pullups were a redeemer. Knee pain and swelling precluded my doing any OHS (overhead squats).

Loads are lousy and my shoulders felt like dog poo:
  • Press 65-75-85-95-100
  • Push Press 100-110-120(f)-120(f)-115
  • Jerks 120-120-120-120-120

I have an 11:15 appt today with my knee surgeon to see WTF is up with my latest symptoms. I have some trauma from banging it several times on my recent rides, but even before that I have felt like I have another tear or a tear that was not repaired. To top that off, I have a burning feeling in my left patellar tendon!!! During rides, my lefts has compensated for my right at times, perhaps that added stress has caused a minor tear (a major tear of the patellar T would have me crying like Liberman).

2 comments:

plieb said...

what was the prognosis on the flipper?

HunRugger said...

Well, he thinks that it's just inflammed. Gave me some megpak anti-inflammatorties (cortico-steroids) and a daily dose to take for a month.
I think he is wrong. I can FEEL something 'sticking' in the joint. I am pretty sure that an MRI in a few weeks will yield a tear - whether its one that went undiagnosed or a new one, I have no idea. I know he is being prudent, but not calling for another MRI right away...but I think it's inevitable. Still riding!