Wednesday, June 3, 2009

I suck at this blog thing...and being consistent with working out



I have been slacking a lot with workouts this year. Very inconsistent, when I go I really enjoy it. Doing mainly quasi-Oly lifts - front squats, thrusters, power cleans, full cleans, clean and jerk, jerks, etc. Mix up a strength (lower reps 5 -10 sets) with MetCons - high intensity, fast, higher reps, little rest. Muscle memory is amazing, my muscles 'pop' back to life and get 'full' again even when I slack for weeks. Motivation is a key here - my left side remains week (nerve damage from the C6 and C7 disc rupture). My left tri, delt, pec, lat show obvious 'flatness' and atrophy. Went back to the Doc and got a stem unit (not a tens) and trying to bring these muscles back to life with that.

Notable workouts recently ...
1.5 mile run
100 box jumps
100 push ups (hell doing this almost one-handed)
100 jump rope
100 air squats (after the run, box jumps, rope jump this too was hell - cramping in the thighs is not fun)
Maybe 34 mins

95 lb Grace (don't recall the time)

95lb Thrusters

Lots of jerks, straight and split

I haven't been riding since Feb either, since I sold the Cannondale to build my Chumba. But NOW I have a new bike, 2001 Schwinn Homegrown Factory Limited - a gorgeous super-light hardtail. I have ridden (albeit short neighborhood trails) the past three days.

So, here's the deal 3 days I will workout Crossfit Style and 3 days I will ride - at a minimum a neighborhood ride - ideally pulling Gavin on the trail-a-bike or trailer.

No comments: