Friday, June 12, 2009

061209 Marbles Ride


061209 East Jester Trails Ride

Great old "new" trail ride today. I haven't ridden these trail in 15-17 years. I thought they had long since past, gone due to the development. I was surfing the web and found some pics and a map that a guy took last August. I headed out there to find the trail head and found it pretty easily. Turns out the majority of the East Jester section (aka God's Marbles) is for the most part intact. I took about 2 dozen pics on the ride. Ride was around an hour long, VERY hot ride. I blew thru 100 oz of water in that time!
As usual, I started my HRM about 20 minutes into the ride, here are the stats.

Time: 45 mins
Cal burn: 675
Ave HR 133

Distance: 3.07 miles Time: 1 hour, 9 minutes, 41 seconds

Avg Speed: 2.6 mph Est. Max Speed: 15.1 mph
Avg Pace: 22min 41s / mile Est. Max Pace: 3min 59s / mile

I know I said I would work out for the next 3 days regardless of rides, BUT I got a call from the wife during my ride - I was instructed to be home by 6 to meet some friends for dinner. I just got home around 9:15. My legs are pretty fried from the daily riding so I am relaxing.

I will get some riding and swimming in tomorrow. The boys and I are going to visit my parents. I'll do some laps in their pool and ride on Fort Hood for a couple of hours too. I will get in a weight workout too, most likely some jerks or cleans.

No comments: