Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Heap and heaps of riding lately

I have logged several rides since my last blog post.
061809 West Jester Loop Ride
Solo ride, took a new route. 3.3 miles. This trail is a grinder, it's a slow trail due to the tight technical nature, several switch backs and technical climbs.

1:16
1229 cals
138 Ave HR

062109 West Jester Loop with Nixon and JD
FIXED MY HRM SET UP! I had it set up for 195lbs, but the scale tells me I am 202lbs. Early morning Father's Day ride before heading home to picnic at the park with the family. Rode with Nixon and JD. We rode about 4 miles, again a grinder for the most part, there are plenty of fast sections, but there is a lot of technical climbing as well.

2:05
1766 Cals
123 Ave HR


062209 Hill of Life, Dumptruck Greenbelt ride with Nixon and Kevin
No pathtrack for this ride, it was a quick one. Kevin had a flat towards the end and Nixon and I had to get off the trail for domestic duties. I changed Kevin's flat for him, he was dead tired.

1:30
1380 Cals
130 Ave HR

062309 Steiner Ranch First Ride Out Here
Awesome trail, great ride, very fast despite the elevation out there. I didn't take the map with me, mistake! There are several biking and several HIKING ONLY trails. The hiking trails are simply to vertical or narrow to ride with any flow. I rode several of the hiking trails anyway, like I said, I didn't take the map. Really nice downhills that you can really, really fly on.

2:00
1533 Cals
120 Ave HR


TODAY!
062409 Steiner Ranch Ride Awesome VIEW
I only got the map halfway through my ride. I had the iPhone in my pocket and it messed up.
The Lake Austin views are great. I picked my route and studied the map (and brought it with me). Within 10 minutes of the start of the ride I was riding along a beautiful creek with a few small waterfalls, clear water, several nice water crossings.

Within 20 minutes of my ride I was riding ridges along Lake Austin and within 30 minutes I was high on a ridge just above the lake with a great view for much of my ride.

Very nice trails, fast and technical enough to keep you on your game. I did about 9 miles on this ride in 2 hours.
2:01
1772 Cals
129 Ave HR

No comments: