Sunday, June 7, 2009

Sunday June 7 - very sore


10am Sunday morning, done a bit of house work and ate some PB&J and PB&B(anana) sandwiches.

DOMS! And I'm not talking about Dell Order Management System, Delayed Onset Muscle Soreness has hit me hard. I was generally a bit fatigued yesterday, especially after putting in a few hours of yard work in and then walking around in the sun watching the skaters. I put off working out yesterday due to the lawn work and general fatigue.

More about my soreness. My left biceps and pec are quite sore, but from artificial stimulation. Yep, I have been using a home muscle stim unit (not a TENS unit) for a few week now. I am using it daily on my left triceps in hopes that it will at best stimulate the muscles to 'engage' more and at worst belay (yes, I mean belay and not delay) the atrophy. Last night I decided to crank it up and use it on my pec and left biceps in addition to the usual left triceps routine. It was painful, but clearly did its job.

Today I will at a minimum put in a long bike ride! Catch you later.

No comments: