Tuesday, June 16, 2009

061509 Solo Cacti Ride






061509 West Jester Trails Solo Ride




Rode Trails West of Jester. I think this is called Cactus Trails. Great trails, great use of the terrain. Lots of switchbacks, lots of cool undulating trail. Really nice beginning to the trail, a series of ravine crossings one after another, down and up, down and up, great fun. Fairly technical in some areas. A a cool intersection has one trail dropping down over the other via a nice jump. I got a bit turned around and went way up high near the houses, ran into some trail that hasn't seen a bike in a while - GREAT trail, just needs to be cleaned up a bit. This is the kind of trail that needs a few ladder bridges - there are a few waterfall areas that are simply not rideable, but could be bridged very easily.

My iPhone was in my pocket this ride, so I could take plenty of pics of this trail, it restarted the Path Tracks program a couple of times, so my data was completely lost. Pretty intense ride. Very hot.

Cal Burn 1324
Ave HR 139

Going back today to get a good map of the area!

No comments: