Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Paleo Breakfast at Taco Cabana



I am starting Paleo again (as of dinner last night). I had great success achieving my six-pack along with great fitness last year...until shoulder surgery stopped me in my tracks (again). Last night I was lazy and I did not prepare my Paleo meals for today, so I was need something Paleo on the go this morning.

Taco Cabana came to mind - Order the Steak and Eggs with side of guacamole. You can tell them to keep the beans and tortillas, but it confuses them. Without the beans and tortillas you are probably looking at 30-45 grams of good protein - this is dependent greatly on how generous they are with your serving.

While you wait for the beef and eggs load up on the salsa bar, esp cilantro, onions and salsa - very alkaline. When your food arrives just toss the salsa bar items on along with the guac and eat up - skipping the beans and tortillas of course (this was painful).

Pretty good stuff and an easy way to stay Paleo on the go for breakfast - at least for us Texans with access to TC.

TC trivia - they are open 24hrs because in the early days at the original location in San Antonio the outdoor furniture kept getting stolen, so they decided to stay open 24/7.

No comments: