Thursday, February 12, 2015

Rainmaker :: 2015 Devinci Spartan Carbon Is Coming to Austin

Tuesday this week I put in my order with Wes at Velorangutan for the 2015 Spartan Carbon XP complete bike with white graphics ($4299 retail). I am doing a very similar build up as the demo, it makes more sense to buy the complete XP and the upgrade item individually vs buying the $6999 Spartan Carbon RR. Other than the brakes my build will be pretty much on par with the RR. I'm not sure about the quality of the DT Swiss E 1700 Spline wheels vs the Stan's, but the weight is almost identical. I may upgrade the brakes after I part out the take off items or I might buy some Chinese Carbon wide rims for the future or some CB Mallet DH pedals...decisions.

I ordered the following additional items:
Stans Flows with 330HD hubs and blue nipples:


SRAM X1 Drivetrain, but with the Turbine Cinch crankset and blue 30T NW:



RaceFace SIXC 3/4 Rise Carbon Bars blue graphics, blue Atlas Stem, ODI Rogue lock ons:



In the end, my build will look very much like the demo bike.

It's all about the wait now...

No comments: