Friday, February 15, 2013

4Runner Running Board Removal - Instead of a Body Lift

I've been considering a 1-1.5" body lift for my 2001 4Runner SR5 Sport Edition. I don't need more clearance for bigger tires or off roading, it's purely for the cosmetic benefit. I think the 4Runner looks much better, more aggressive and just plain more SUV like when it's lifted.

Before getting a lift I decided to remove the running boards to see if that would give me the look I am wanting with ZERO cost and only about 20 minutes of my time invested. It's a super easy project that virtually anyone can do it with just a few common of tools (*ratchet, sockets, screw and/or hex head driver). I will follow this up with a graphical write-up to help - It will be easy enough to re-install one for that purpose. *I'll include the tool details in my follow up.

On to the results...I think the picture speak for themselves.



No comments: