Tuesday, February 26, 2013

I am NOT a runner, I hate running

So I registered for the Rogue Trail Series 2013. 




Three separate trail races, three separate parks, each with its own unique atmosphere. In order to allow everyone a taste of trail running, all three events will host both 30K and 10K races. The final race will be a joint event: One part championship race, where the combined time of all three races determines overall placement, as well as a stand alone event with its own awards.


I have only run 10K once and it was unofficial, it was a trail run at Walnut Creek in the middle of summer 2012, 102 degrees. This will be my first 10K race, race in name only, I don't expect to shatter any records or be competitive, but I'll do what I can do. I know Walnut Creek and Emma Long like the back of my hand from many, many years of mountain biking. I have ridden Reveille Peak a few times as well. 


I'm looking forward to it and using it as motivation to get back into riding and Tri shape after the Nov shoulder and biceps surgery. 



No comments: